I know about modelling. Does your model do what it should? Come to that, what should it be doing? What about the systems and controls for developing and using it? I can help you answer these questions and more, for models of all sizes — from simple spreadsheets through to large complex systems — and in many different application areas. As George Box said, all models are wrong but some are useful. I’ll help make sure your models are useful.
I’m equally at home doing hands-on programming with software engineers or actuaries and developing strategy with FTSE 100 company board members. I’ll do whatever is needed, including:
- Model review and critique
- Software development and management
- Interim development manager or technical director
- Processes for user-developed models, including spreadsheets
- Due diligence on software development
- Board training and presentations
I’ve recently developed a web-based application, Asteria, for modelling cashflows for SMEs and others.
If you’d like to know more, or would like to discuss how I might be able to help you, please get in touch.